The countdown to Kim Kardashian and Kanye West‘s wedding has officially begun. If the rumors are right, KimYe will say their ‘I Do’s’ in Paris, France on May 24. So we’re just about ten weeks away from the wedding of the year. Kim says it will be a small, intimate wedding, but we’ll see if Kanye feels the same.
With so little time left until their big day, Kim and Kanye are putting together the final touches, including drawing a prenup. According to Radar, the ‘Mercy’ rapper wasn’t keen on getting a prenup, but Kim did. She previously revealed that her father, the late Robert Kardashian, who was a famous American attorney, taught her about always protecting her stuff. So Kim’s pretty smart when it comes to this kind of things.
Kanye is reportedly worth $100 million, while Kim is worth “only” $40 million. They’re both super rich, but ‘Ye is also very generous with his baby mama. Here’s what their prenup says:
* For every year they stay married, Kim will get $1 million, capped at $10 million.
* Their Bel Air mansion will be in Kim’s name, despite Kanye being the one paying for the majority of the bill.
* Kim will get to keep all the jewelry and gifts from Kanye.
* The money she earns from Keeping Up With The Kardashians, her clothing line, promotional appearances and other ventures, are her sole and separate income.
* West’s $20 million life insurance names Kim as the beneficiary, for life, even in the event of a divorce.
* No clauses concerning custody arrangements have been added.
According to one source, “the entire process for the prenup for Kim and Kanye has been extremely easy, and relatively drama free. Kanye didn’t even think the couple needed a prenup, and was ready to give Kim carte blanche to all of his financial assets. Yes, he loves Kim that much. There is a huge difference from Kim’s prenup with Kris Humphries… the preparation of their agreement went on for several months. It was long and tedious.”
“The couple is focused on the wedding and looking forward to spending the rest of their lives together. Kim is head over heels in love with Kanye, and knows this is forever. Despite having been married twice before, Kim is treating this wedding as her one and only,” the insider added.
What do you think of Kim and Kanye’s prenup clauses?
Follow TheGossipBlog on Twitter!