The prestigious British department store Selfridges came up with a very unusual initiative: to create a poll to determine the most iconic kiss of the past decade.
There was a big winner, the lip-lock of two of the most famous blondes of the world: Madonna and Britney Spears during a performance at the Video Music Awards in 2003. Ironic enough, even though Madonna also kissed Christina Aguilera during the very same performance, that smooch didn’t make the list.
The kiss between Madonna and Spears represented much more than a sexy provocation: The Queen Ciccone crowned young Britney as her heiress in Pop Music. What happened after that with the “I did it again” hit maker, that’s another story, right?
Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst passionate kiss in 2002 blockbuster “Spider Man” made the second position of the rank, followed by another same-sex couple’s intimate moment: Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal in 2005 country drama in Brokeback Mountain.
Check out the complete list of the most memorable kisses of the XXI century’s first decade:
1. Britney and Spears and Madonna, at MTV Music Video Awards, 2003.
2. Tobey and Maguire and Kirsten Dunst,, Spider Man, 2002.
3. Heath Ledger and Jake Gandllenhaal, Brokeback Mountain, 2005.
4. Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, Twilight, 2008.
5. Scarlett Johansson and Penelope Cruz, Vicky, Cristina, Barcelona, 2008.
6. Lindsay Lohan and Samantha Ronson, Mercer Hotel NANDC, 2008.
7. Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, 2005.
8. Freida Pinto and Dev Patel, Slumdog Millionaire, 2009.
9. Sasha Baron Cohen and Will Ferrell, MTV Movie Awards, 2007.
10. Jennifer Aniston and Winona Rayder, Friends, 2001