Rap mogul Sean “Diddy” Combs is facing a legal battle over three sexual assault lawsuits filed by different women in New York courts. The 54-year-old music executive has denied any wrongdoing through his spokesperson, calling the claims “made up” and “a money grab.”
The lawsuits were filed under the Adult Survivors Act, a state law that allows victims of sexual abuse to sue their alleged perpetrators within a one-year window, regardless of the statute of limitations. The deadline for filing such lawsuits expired on Nov. 24.
One of the plaintiffs, Joi Dickerson-Neal, claims that Diddy drugged and raped her in 1991, when she was a Syracuse University student. She alleges that he slipped a drug in her drink at a restaurant, and then forced her to smoke a “blunt” in his car. She says he later took her to a place where he sexually assaulted her and recorded the act on video, which he showed to many people.
Another plaintiff, whose name was not disclosed, accuses Diddy and singer Aaron Hall of sexually assaulting her and her friend at Hall’s apartment in 1990 or 1991. She also alleges that Diddy assaulted and choked her at her home a few days later, because he was afraid that she would tell his girlfriend about the incident.
The third plaintiff is Diddy’s ex-girlfriend Cassie, who settled a rape lawsuit with him last week. She alleged that he raped her in 2018, after they broke up. She also claimed that he physically and emotionally abused her during their 11-year relationship.
Diddy denies any wrongdoing
Diddy’s spokesperson told reporters that the allegations are “completely denied and rejected” by him. He said that Diddy is “an easy target” for accusers who “will falsify the truth, without conscience or consequence, for financial benefit.” He also criticized the Adult Survivors Act for being “exploited for improper purposes.